Sunday 28 July 2013

Letteratura

Also known as Literature, Lit, or just Err yuck not essays again.
Honestly, it's enough to drive a sane (relatively) person bonkers (or even more so). I have an essay due on Friday about Frankenstein (note how I underline this, Lit teachers! Look, look!), and the trouble with this is that there are so many readings that you can interpret this text as being about. Usually, I have trouble with the reverse, but not this time! Oh no, my problem is that I have to narrow it down. Oh well.
So I'm an introduction, a paragraph, and two more topic sentences in, 446 words through a 1500 (at least) word essay.
Actually, I have spent more time reading the Inky Fool blog by the amazing Mark Forsyth, author of The Etymologicon and The Horologicon, two utterly fantastic books for any bibliophile. The blog can be found here. Incidentally, I found that there is a Sanskrit word, "ayoni", which means - actually, I won't give this away. Use this as an incentive to look through the blog. It is a... rather interesting word. Points to the person who uses it in casual conversation and can tell me exactly how they used it.

On another note, it has been raining quite heavily this afternoon, and as such I have experienced the melancholy of petrichor up close.

1 comment:

  1. hello? i'm trying again. so, this is my way of saying, you don't have to be lonely! i'll comment for you.

    ReplyDelete