Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Jacaranda Tree Appreciation Society

I'm thinking of writing a collection of short stories called The Jacaranda Tree Appreciation Society. It's going to be about seven people living on the same street that meet up regularly to drink tea, share stories and appreciate the beauty of the world they live in.
The seven people are:
Laurel Gainsborough, 67
Moira Walters, 32
Daniel McCoy, 27
Jaclyn Taylor, 26
Will Hutchinson, 41
Jacob Carter, 59
Emma Morgan, 46
They each have a story to tell, and a distinct personality.

I'm trying to do this as a creative writing exercise - I'll write a short story a day and won't edit them (unless something is really bad). I might put the end products up on the blog, if you'd like. Please comment if you'd like to see my story project!

Also, I found out today that an even happened over the weekend that was enough to shatter anyone's dignity - even that of our favourite Ghostbuster. Hoo yess.
My Chemistry teacher tells me that he was going to the bank when he got bombed by a bird. It was freakin' huge, apparently - it went all over his glasses and quite a bit on his face. Eee-yergh. I don't think even the formidable reputation of the Ghostbuster can remain undented by such a blow.

And on that delightful note, I must bid you all adieu - I have tests to study for and assignments that are due. Au revoir!

1 comment: