Thursday 29 August 2013

Sides have three triangles

The title of this post is from something my friend and I were looking at in Philosophy. We're looking at language, explanation and interpretation, and it's really pretty cool.
But.
The example in the textbook was that statements can be:
True - e.g. Triangles have three sides
False - e.g. Triangles have four sides
Nonsensical - e.g. Sides have three triangles
So of course my friend drew this in the margins of her workbook:
Oh yes.
That is a square, with each side having three triangles.

By the way, if you see any other posts with SH3T (sides have three triangles - changed from SHTT for obvious reasons) in the subject heading it contains the best of the quotes out of context that I have heard that day, analysed in a literary fashion. It should be... interesting.

Absurdity. It is a three-triangled way of thinking, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment